|Education qualification:||B.E (Mechanical Engineering), Assam Engineering College.|
|M.Tech (Energy Technology), Tezpur University.|
|PhD: IIT Guwahati|
Area of research:
- M.Tech: Development and performance analysis of an agro-residue based solid fuel block for cooking.
- PhD: Development and performance analysis of a pressurised kerosene stove working on ceramic porous burner.
- Current research: Experimental investigation on co-gasification of coal and biomass, performance analysis of solid oxide fuel cell fuelled with producer gas
Research interest: Combustion, gasification, fuel cell, energy management, energy policy.
- Monikankana Sharma, Rakesh N and S. Dasappa, Solid oxide fuel cell operating with biomass derived producer gas: status and challenges. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews.Volume 60, July 2016, Pages 450–463
- Monikankana Sharma, Suresh Attanoor and S. Dasappa, Investigation into co-gasifying Indian coal and biomass in a down draft gasifier-Experiments and analysis, Fuel Processing Technology, 138, 435-444, 2015
- M.Sharma, H.S Mukunda, G.Sridhar. Solid fuel block as an alternate fuel for cooking and barbecuing: preliminary results. Energy Conversion and Management, 2009, 50: 955-961, Elsevier.
- M.Sharma and S.C Mishra and P. Acharjee. Thermal efficiency study of conventional kerosene pressure stoves with porous radiant inserts, International Energy Journal 10, 2009, 247-254, RERIC.
- M.Sharma, S.C Mishra and P. Mahanta. An experimental investigation on efficiency improvement of a conventional kerosene pressure stove,International Journal of Energy for a Clean Environment 12(1), 2011, 79-93, Begell house.
- M.Sharma, H.S Mukunda, G.Sridhar. Experimental studies on combustible fuel blockstrategy for cooking. 14th European Biomass conference, October 2005, Paris, France.
- M.Sharma, S.C Mishra. A review of combustion of hydrocarbon fuel within porous media, CHEMCON, December 2006, Gujarat, India.
- M.Sharma and S.C Mishra. Emission analysis of pressurized kerosene stove equipped with porous burners. CHEMCON, December 2007, Kolkata, India.
- M. Sharma, M Nishioka, S.C Mishra and P. Mahanta. A Modeling Study of a PremixedCH4/Air Mixtures: Dependence of Laminar Flame speed on Pressure and PreheatingTemperature. ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, January, 2010, Mumbai, India.
- M. Sharma, M Nishioka, S.C Mishra and P. Mahanta. A numerical study on laminar Preheated Premixed propane/air flame. International Conference on Flow Dynamics,November, 2010, Sendai, Japan.
|Contact:||Centre for Sustainable Technologies,|
|Indian Institute of Science|
|E-mail ID:||firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com|